Prep Days Student Industry Manager
Job Title: Prep Days Student Industry Manager
Department: MBA Career & Professional Development
Length of Term: April 29, 2013 – January 31, 2014
*End date of February 28, 2014 for Entrepreneurship, Social Enterprise, and Entertainment/Media
Reports to: CPD Sector Manager
Liaises With: Related professional club, CPD, industry alumni
Overall Scope of Role
The Prep Days Student Industry Manager is responsible for developing industry-specific programming and ensuring EC involvement and RC participation during Prep Days (January 17-18, 2014) or select February dates for Entrepreneurship, Social Enterprise, and Entertainment/Media programs.
Specific Areas of Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide suggestions to sector manager for general interview prep programming tentatively scheduled for December 11, 2013
- Compile industry specific tips, interview questions, and other content to be used in Prep Packs. These packets will be distributed to RCs in the Fall to help them start preparing for interviews.
- Educate club members and other ECs about opportunities to participate and dates to return to campus for Prep Days (January 17-18, 2014)
- Collaborate with CPD Sector Manager to plan development of content for 2 industry specific programs (Interviewing in Your Industry and Demo Interviews in Your Industry)
- Recruit EC panelists for one or both programs
- Educate RCs on the value of Prep Days and inspire them to attend
- Evaluate effectiveness of industry-specific programming; summarize recommended improvements/changes
- Full availability during Prep Days (January 17-18, 2014) or select February dates for Entrepreneurship, Social Enterprise, and Entertainment/Media programs.
- Prior industry knowledge before HBS or from RC internship (or immense passion for industry)
- Strong communication skills
- Effective peer recruiter; motivated and results-oriented
- Interest in developing programming for RCs at various points in the job search
- Familiarity with the RC internship search both via on-campus recruiting and the networked search
- Solid academic standing
Complete application and submit with resume to Catherine Elliott.
Criteria for Selection
Select applicants will be interviewed by CPD Sector Managers and chosen based on their fit with the above qualifications.