We are looking for a biz dev / client account manager who can secure and manage partnership deals.
For more information on Blippar, here are some links and examples:
- Website: www.blippar.com
- Youtube “What is Blippar?” demo: http://www.youtube.com/
- Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/
- Twitter page: @blippar
- Heinz ketchup blipp: http://www.youtube.com/
- Maybelline interactive nail ad blipp: http://www.youtube.com/
- Justin Bieber blipp: http://www.youtube.com/
Permanent opportunity at Blippar in New York – Client Account Manager
Mobile Augmented Reality UK start-up Blippar-- venture backed and growing at lightning speed – recently expanded its operations in New York and urgently seeks highly ambitious Client Account Managers to launch revolutionary mobile marketing concept into US market
Role location: NYC
Role & Responsibilities
1) Recruit brands & media owners through consultative business development and client relationship building
- Passionately evangelize about Blippar and its position as the pioneer of this revolution in marketing, advertising, media and product design
- Develop knowledge and insight to enable authoritative consultation with clients on best practice for this - a brand new marketing medium and how to harness it as part of a cross-platform, multi-media strategy
- Proactively seek out new clients across different customer segments, particularly those under-represented in the platform
- Identify new possible client segments/ usages of the technology and initiate multiple new business conversations with a view to testing the opportunity
- Thought-lead on Blippar technology as a brand new and disruptive tech with far-reaching implications for all media and brand owners
2) Ensure long-term brand & consumer adoption
- Analyze, understand and review Blippar campaign metrics with clients; find ways to test usage conversion hypothesis accurately
- Ensure blipp campaigns are effective, sticky and meaningful (i.e. optimally serves client promotional, entertainment, storytelling, informational, or other purposes)
- Seek to test, trial and expand upon client efforts through building longer--term, consultative partnerships with key accounts
- Structure compelling, long term commercial agreements with the largest global brands
- Ensure global roll out of the tech by global brands & media owners
- At all times, keep attention on the automation of processes for the longer-term
3) Expand & enhance Blippar’s trade awareness and reputation
- Get the verb ‘to blipp’ on the tip of the tongue of all marketers and consumers alike
- Attend all and any relevant industry events- spanning mobile, marketing, advertising, AR, product-design, online or technology
- Actively seek out speaking opportunities and negotiate demo or exhibitor space
- Seek out award nominations and application writing
Required Skills and Attributes
- Ability to present high-tech in simple, inspirational terms to marketers
- Ability to turn ideas into actions and results, liasing with external clients and internal team members
- Creative brainstormer – broad-minded, fast-thinker with a creative, marketing-led brain with an intuitive appreciation of consumer journey
- Mature, authoritative, consultative approach
- Can-do attitude
- Entrepreneurial attitude – ability to get stuck in for the ‘broader good’ and not constrain oneself to job-specification parameters
- Confident, inspirational presenter and networker
- Supreme organisational skills with ability to keep multiple balls in the air at any one time
- Ability to work independently (mostly remotely) with an international team of fellow client managers, senior management team, designers and developers in different locations worldwide
Open to all levels and backgrounds within reason – but the following are considered relevant:
- College degree with 3-5 years work experience.
- Background in and knowledge of mobile marketing & emerging marketing technologies
- Background in and knowledge of creative marketing and advertising
- Agency or client brand side
- Consulting or selling products or services into marketing/ ad agencies or brand-direct
- Traditional or digital/mobile media
- Must be happy to work flexible hours, liaise with our team in London and to travel widely
- Social-networking knowledge is a must
Blippar is a revolution for traditional advertising and media, offering the power to turn every single piece of physical branding in the real world into an instantaneous digital, interactive experience.
We’re a venture backed startup (date of birth: summer 2011) headquartered in London and working with clients such as Unilever, Pepsico, Nike, Cadbury, Samsung, Tesco, Waitrose, Mercedes, Xbox and Heinz, with many more exciting global brands in the pipeline. Blippar recently expanded its offices in New York and is already working with some of the largest US brands. It is projecting rapid, international expansion with a view towards becoming the world’s default ‘lens’ on all smart phones for brand-to-consumer image recognition, augmented reality executions.
Through one free application on a consumer’s device, Blippar opens up the camera mode and becomes a single lens through which brands and branded ‘push’ communication in the real world can be converted into instantaneous, proactively ‘pulled’ digital experiences.
Blippar technology consists of the fastest markerless image recognition and the ‘stickiest’ recognition tracking available anywhere in the world right now = an instantaneous, seamless and futuristic experience for customers today. The platform supports iOS and Android and has all social-media plug-ins built in as default.
In January 2012, Blippar announced seed funding from Qualcomm Ventures, USA – which is being closely followed by a significant Series A round very likely to encompass both strategic & VC investment partners.
Contact: Lisa Hu – email@example.com