Summer Internship in VC/Entrepreneurship working with Raj Kapoor
(MBA1996, co-founder/CEO of Snapfish, Partner at Mayfield Fund)
Location: SF Bay Area
Timing: June 15-Sept 15 (flexible if end date needs to be sooner for school)
Working with Raj Kapoor (who is currently a Partner at Mayfield Fund) for a personal research project outside of Mayfield.
1) Research existing VC, seed, and angel fund models comparing and constrasting strategies, returns, types of companies invested with an emphasis on interviewing entrepreneurs to see what they like and don’t like about each model. Help create business case for a potential new model that is a hybrid between a seed VC and operator (a “co-founder/investor” model).
2) Synthesize existing data and develop unique research on identifying great tech entrepreneurs pre-traction – traits, characteristics, experiences, other data points to filter (includes interviewing people in ecosystem). Also, help identify best process to find such high quality entrepreneurs by studying best practices.
3) Raj will help this person network in silicon valley get close to the entrepreneur/investor startup ecosystem.
- Either a 1st year or MBA graduate looking to do something interesting for 3 mos before their full time job.
- The ideal candidate has some VC experience or familiarity, experience in digital media/internet/mobile space (my focus) and is entrepreneurially minded yet analytical enough to create excellent, concise research.